The teller receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial institution’s various transactions. The teller meets the needs of customer by providing quality service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
*1. Receive checking and savings deposits; verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit.
*2. Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices.
*3. Identify counterfeit currency.
*4. Cash checks- verify endorsement, receive proper identification and ensure validity.
*5. Count and roll coin
*6. Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges, and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
*7. Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
*8. Promote bank products and services.
*9. Follow all bank policies and procedures.
10. Maintain appropriate currency logs.
11. Process credit cash advances, redeem us savings bonds.
12. Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
13. Balance and update account passbooks and close accounts when requested.
14. Ensure Teller station is properly supplied.
15. Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
16. Accept loan and credit card payments- verify payment amount and issue receipts.
17. Issue personal Money orders, Cashier’s Checks and payments for a Canadian draft.
18. Assist in ordering, receiving, verifying and distributing cash.
19. May be responsible for bank opening and closing
20. Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
21. Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers.
22. Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
23. Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
24. Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and regulations.
* Determined to be an essential job function.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- Mathematical skills.
- Strong Communication and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy.
- Competence with computers, telephone, 10 –key calculation and other office machinery.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure as needed.
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the banks’ exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves the incumbent must be sensitive to bank needs, customer and employee goodwill and the public imagine.
- Familiar with retail banking regulations, teller roles and responsibilities relating to each.
- Stress management/composure
Type of Position
This is a full-time position with hours and days of work 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to noon. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel may be required between office locations as needed. Some travel may be required for additional training.
Job descriptions and work assignments are subject to change as business needs and conditions require. Supervisors may assign job duties and tasks not listed in description at any time. Department Heads and members of the Management Team may also make additional job assignments.
First State Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.